Nalini Nadkarni, for her enthusiastic work in research and dissemination of biodiversity and the environment, focused on the study and defence of forests around the world; and for the creation of original communication and educational tools aimed at all areas of society that also address gender issues and groups at risk of exclusion.
Nat Honourable Mention 2021
Centre Excursionista de Catalunya (Hiking Club of Catalonia) and the Institució Catalana d’Història Natural (Catalan Institute of Natural History), for their great academic and educational work with the general public on the understanding, exploration, research, and dissemination of natural sciences and the preservation of the environment. A task begun in the 19th century, successfully continued to the present day, and which has made a decisive contribution to the history of the Museu de Ciències Naturals de Barcelona (Barcelona Museum of Natural Sciences).
The Nat Award jury is formed by:
- Dacha Atienza, head of collections & research at the Barcelona Museum of Natural Sciences.
- Mara Dierssen, neurobiologist and science communicator.
- Martí Domínguez, biologist and director of the scientific journal Mètode.
- Xavier Duran, writer and journalist with TV3.
- Teresa Garnatje, director of the Institut Botànic de Barcelona (Botanical Institute of Barcelona).
- Anna Omedes, director of the Barcelona Museum of Natural Sciences.
- Joandomènec Ros, Professor of Ecology at the University of Barcelona.
This year’s winner, Nalini Nadkarni, biologist, ecologist and activist, will give the lecture “Weaving a tapestry of science, nature, and people
to protect our one Earth”.
Nat 2021 Awards will take place on October 27 at 6.30 pm at the Museum of Natural Science of Barcelona.
You can follow the event and the conference live on the NatTV channel.
More information: Press kit