The Media Library is part of the Museum Documentation Centre. You will find an extensive digital archive that includes audible documents and audiovisual presentations, as well as reference books relating to the biodiversity and geodiversity of the planet. You can also access the unique public database of animal sounds and audible landscapes of Catalonia, the Audible Nature Record Library in the Museu de Ciències Naturals de Barcelona.
- Saturdays, from 10 to 15 and 16 to 19 h
- Sundays and holidays, 10 to 15 h and 16 to 20 h
The Media Library will remain open from December 23 to January 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., except Saturday, January 8 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and on public holidays (December 26, and January 2, 6, 9) from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Media Library card
Have you got your Media Library card? It is very easy, you only have to show us your ID card, fill in a form and you can borrow up to five documents for one month.
By becoming a member you will also enjoy the following advantages:
- Reduced admission fee to Museu de Ciències Naturals de Barcelona
- 5% discount in the Museum shop
- Invitations to all the inaugurations of the Museu de Ciències Naturals de Barcelona